The grants committee researches and identifies grant opportunities, writes grant applications, helps administer programs and acts as liaison with the school administration and granting entity. Friends of PS 166, is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization with EIN 13-4193484.
Current school-day enrichment programs supported by grants include:
- Chess In The Classroom (grades 1 & 2)
- Horticulture Program (grade 3)
- Vital Theater Programs (grade 3)
- Ashokan Water Studies Trip (grade 4)
- Meadowlands Environment Center Trip (grade 5)