All Kindergarten Admissions is administered through MySchools. Parents of children who were born in 2015 must apply for kindergarten, even to attend their zoned school. The deadline has been extended to Sunday, January 26, 2020.
Your zoned school is determined by your home address. To find your zoned school in District 3, check the District 3 Zone Map or type your address in to School Search.
Registering for grades 1-5 for the 2019-2020 school year?
If you have recently moved to our zone, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org . Include your name, child(ren)’s name, date(s) of birth, current grade(s) and school. We will contact you to set up a registration appointment.
General Education / ICT
PS 166 has an Integrated Co-Teaching (ICT) class on every grade level. ICT classrooms include students with and without disabilities and have two teachers, a general education teacher and a special education teacher.The teachers work together throughout the day to adapt and modify instruction for special needs children and make sure that the entire class has access to the general education curriculum. Students with special needs may be in an ICT classroom all day or for a portion of the day. The number of students with disabilities in an ICT classroom does not exceed 40% of the total class register.
Parents of children with special needs applying to kindergarten must submit an application through MySchools.
Gifted & Talented Placement
PS 166 has Gifted and Talented (G&T) classes on every grade.
The application period for the 2019-2020 school year has closed.
For more information visit https://www.schools.nyc.gov/enrollment/enroll-grade-by-grade/gifted-and-talented
Kindergarten Open Houses for 2020 admission took place in November and December of 2019. We are not able to give private tours.
The deadline for applying to kindergarten has been extended to Sunday, January 26, 2020.
Kindergarten Placement offers
Kindergarten offers are due out sometime in March. If you receive an offer for PS 166, please check back to this site for instructions on accepting or declining your offer. If accepting your offer, there will be a link to sign up for a pre-registration appointment.
Bring the following when you register for school. Remember, besides originals, you must bring copies that we can keep.
- The child that you are registering
- Proof of your child’s age (child’s birth certificate, passport, or record of baptism)
- Your child’s immunization records (if available)
- Your child’s latest report card/transcript (if available)
- Two documents below verifying proof of address
- Lease agreement, deed, or mortgage statement for the residence;
- A residential utility bill (gas or electric) in the resident’s name issued by a utility company (e.g., National Grid or Con Edison); must be dated within the past 60 days;
- A bill for cable television services provided to the residence; must include the name of the parent and the address of the residence and be dated within the past 60 days;
- Documentation or letter on letterhead from a federal, state, or local government agency, including the IRS, the City Housing Authority, the federal Office of Refugee Resettlement, the Human Resources Administration, or the Administration for Children’s Services (ACS), or an ACS subcontractor, indicating the resident’s name and address; must be dated within the past 60 days;
- A current property tax bill for the residence;
- A water bill for the residence; must be dated within the past 90 days;
- Rent receipt which includes the address of residence; must be dated within the past 60 days;
- State, city, or other government issued identification (including an IDNYC card), which has not expired and includes the address of residence;
- Income tax form for the last calendar year;
- Official NYS Driver’s License or learner’s permit, which has not expired;
- Official payroll documentation from an employer issued within the past 60 days such as a paystub with home address, a form submitted for tax withholding purposes, or payroll receipt (a letter on the employer’s letterhead is not adequate); must include home address and be dated within the past 60 days;
- Voter registration documents, which include the name of the parent and the address of residence;
- Unexpired membership documents based upon residency (e.g., neighborhood residents’ association), which include the name of the parent and the address of residence;
- Evidence of custody of the child, including but not limited to judicial custody orders or guardianship papers; documents must have been issued within the past 60 days and include name of student and address of residence.
Download the NYC Department of Education checklist.