Gifted & Talented Placement
If your child receives an offer, please accept or decline in MySchools as soon as possible. If you accept, a pre-registration packet will be emailed to you at the email address you used for your application. All pre-registration will be done online this year using fillable forms.
The deadline for waitlist offers to be made is Friday, October 9, 2020. After that date, the waitlist is no longer active.
For more information visit our Frequently Asked Questions
For more information visit https://www.schools.nyc.gov/enrollment/enroll-grade-by-grade/gifted-and-talented
Apply for kindergarten by setting up a MySchools account. The DOE has not yet announced the admissions timeline for the 2021-2022 school year.
We are a zoned school and typically can only accommodate students living in our zone. Your zoned school is determined by your home address. To find your zoned school in District 3, check the District 3 Zone Map or type your address in to School Search.
Registering for for the 2020-2021 school year?
If you have recently moved to our zone, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org . Include your name, address, child(ren)’s name, date(s) of birth, current grade(s) and school. We will contact you as to next steps.
General Education / ICT
PS 166 has an Integrated Co-Teaching (ICT) class on every grade level. ICT classrooms include students with and without disabilities and have two teachers, a general education teacher and a special education teacher. The teachers work together throughout the day to adapt and modify instruction for special needs children and make sure that the entire class has access to the general education curriculum. Students with special needs may be in an ICT classroom all day or for a portion of the day. The number of students with disabilities in an ICT classroom does not exceed 40% of the total class register.
Parents of children with special needs applying to kindergarten must submit an application through MySchools.
Due to the pandemic, we will not be having Open Houses this year.
To learn more about General Education and G&T admissions and our school please see our
To Register a child for school you need to submit:
- Proof of your child’s age (child’s birth certificate, passport, or record of baptism)
- Your child’s immunization records (if available)
- Your child’s latest report card/transcript (if available)
- Two documents below verifying proof of address
- Lease agreement, deed, or mortgage statement for the residence;
- A residential utility bill (gas or electric) in the resident’s name issued by a utility company (e.g., National Grid or Con Edison); must be dated within the past 60 days;
- A bill for cable television services provided to the residence; must include the name of the parent and the address of the residence and be dated within the past 60 days;
- Documentation or letter on letterhead from a federal, state, or local government agency, including the IRS, the City Housing Authority, the federal Office of Refugee Resettlement, the Human Resources Administration, or the Administration for Children’s Services (ACS), or an ACS subcontractor, indicating the resident’s name and address; must be dated within the past 60 days;
- A current property tax bill for the residence;
- A water bill for the residence; must be dated within the past 90 days;
- Rent receipt which includes the address of residence; must be dated within the past 60 days;
- State, city, or other government issued identification (including an IDNYC card), which has not expired and includes the address of residence;
- Income tax form for the last calendar year;
- Official NYS Driver’s License or learner’s permit, which has not expired;
- Official payroll documentation from an employer issued within the past 60 days such as a paystub with home address, a form submitted for tax withholding purposes, or payroll receipt (a letter on the employer’s letterhead is not adequate); must include home address and be dated within the past 60 days;
- Voter registration documents, which include the name of the parent and the address of residence;
- Unexpired membership documents based upon residency (e.g., neighborhood residents’ association), which include the name of the parent and the address of residence;
- Evidence of custody of the child, including but not limited to judicial custody orders or guardianship papers; documents must have been issued within the past 60 days and include name of student and address of residence.
Download the NYC Department of Education checklist.