It takes a lot to make and keep our public school strong. State and city budgets do not come close to covering everything that students, teachers and staff need to succeed. One of the key components that makes The Richard Rodgers School of the Arts and Technology the special place that it is, is support from our families.
Our annual fund pays for teaching assistants in your children’s classrooms, in addition to supporting curriculum development, grade-wide residencies and other essential programs and supplies not funded by New York City’s Department of Education.
We are able to enrich the experiences of our children because of generous donations from people like you.
Each year, PS 166 applies for funding from local politicians, corporations and organizations to help enrich our children’s education. Thank you to the following donors for your generous support!
- 2020 Grow to Learn Mini Grant funding for supplies for the Kindergarden and Reading garden.
- 2019-2020 School Wellness Grant for Wellness in the Schools program.
- 2019 Lowe's Toolbox for Education: Funding for a new shed for the PS 166 Reading Garden
- 2019 Capital Grant: $200,000 from Council member Helen Rosenthal for technology upgrades
- 2019 Capital Grant: $70,000 from Manhattan Borough President Gale Brewer for technology upgrades
- 2019 Grow to Learn Mini Grant: Funding for new planters for the PS 166 Reading Garden and Kinder Garden
- 2018 Grow to Learn Mini Grant
- 2018 Citizens Committee of New York City Composting Grant
- 2018 Participatory Budgeting Grant: $250,000 for technology upgrades from City Council Member Helen Rosenthal
- 2018 Capital Grant: $80,000 for technology upgrades from Manhattan Borough President Gale Brewer
- 2017 Participatory Budgeting Grant: 295,000 for library expansion and renovations from City Council Member Helen Rosenthal
- 2017 Capital Grant: $207,500 for library expansion and renovations from Manhattan Borough President Gale Brewer
- 2017 Art Partnership Grant ($15,000) from the Department of Education to bring Stop Motion Animation to all fourth graders
- 2016 Capital Grant: $210,000 for auditorium renovations and AV upgrades from City Council Member Helen Rosenthal
- 2016 Capital Grant: $100,000 for auditorium renovations and AV upgrades from Manhattan Borough President Gale Brewer
- 2016 Programming Grant: $5000 for Chess in the Classrooms from New York State Assembly Member Daniel O’Donnell
- 2013 Team Up to Clean Up Golden Apple Award
Do you have questions or want to get involved? Contact email@example.com.
Clip box your box top labels on cereal boxes, tissues, and other household products to raise money for our school! Deposit labels in the Box Tops box by the security guard at the entrance to PS 166. Each Box Top label gets 10 cents for the school! Check how much we’ve raised at the boxtops4education website.
Thank you to our generous families for their donations, to the local politicians who have provided grant funding, and to the local businesses that have supported us at Fall Fest, our Auction Gala, and throughout the year.
2017-18 Donors List
- Council Member Helen Rosenthal
- Manhattan Borough President Gale Brewer
- Citizens Committee of New York City
- Dunkin Donuts
- Le Pain Quotidien
- By The Way Bakery
- Baked by Melissa
- >West Side Market
- Georgia & Aliou’s Tiny Treats Cafe
- Insomnia Cookies
- Vive la Crepe
- Amorino Gelato
- Jacob’s Pickels
- Bella Luna
- Bodega 88
- Land Thai
- Big Daddy’s
- Plant Shed
- Ace Hardware
- Party City
- City Diner
- Hudson & Charles Butchers
- Mani Market Place
- Trader Joe’s
- 5 Napkin Burger
- Broadway Farm
- Pizza Pete’s
- Famous Famiglia
- Little Italy Pizza
- Two Boots
- Ray’s Pizza
- Cafe Viva
- Book Culture
- Westside Kids
- Mommy Makeup
- Mighty Nest